Prison Speech Club
In the United States, there are cases that show that inmates who participated in Toastmasters could successfully start a business after their release from prison.
While implementation of such program may take time in Japan, we are working on it by examining various case studies in the United States and how this system can assist in social reintegration, unique to the Japanese society.
What can be said for now is that, there is definitely a need in Japan to have volunteer activities to support inmates who wish to return to society.
On one occasion, there was an inmate who mentioned “To change one’s way of talking, is to change one’s way of thinking” in his speech.
We believe this is proof that Toastmasters can work as a social reintegration platform.
“Speaking tips for job interview” course program
Opening and greetings
Moderator’s greetings, explanation of the overall course
How to prepare for an interview
Word of the day
Speech evaluation sample
Participant’s speech and evaluation
Samples of speech topics
- Who do you respect? What is the reason?
- No one can beat me in ___. Why is that?
- What is your most favorite book? Please tell us the reason.
- What do you want to be 10 years from now?
- When was the time you realized that you had grown-up?
- When was the time you felt stressed out in work?
- What is the most important thing to have in order to communicate smoothly with your peers?
- When was the time that you were most moved?
- What does having a job mean to you other than earning an income?
- Who is the most important person in your life? Please tell us the reason.
If you have ideas on how to improve our activities, we are more than eager to hear you out!
Please feel free to contact us.